Repair and Rearm in the new Broke Protocol update releasing today on Steam. This update brings a few big changes to vehicles, but first, let’s take a look at some new items. A pretty explosive new addition are the fixed turrets available to SpecOps at the military base. These come in Machine Gun and Grenade Launcher variants.
Hopefully these heavy hitters will allow for better base defense. But it also serves as a first test to projectile bullets instead of hitscan like other player weapons in-game. Map makers might also find them useful for setting up checkpoints, armed camps, or post-apocalyptic scenarios.
Armed vehicles including Apaches and Armored Cars will finally have limited ammunition. No more complete server dominance. The military vehicles can re-arm back at their spawn positions at the military base. Fixed turrets will slowly re-arm themselves over-time so tame that trigger finger, soldier.
Repair Your Vehicle
Entering vehicles now shows some special new information, including remaining vehicle hit points, and ammo count (if available). Vehicles can now also be repaired in special areas. Head to the Auto Shop on the Default map, or any other special areas designated by map designers. You know you’re within the repair/rearm zones because your health/ammo displays will highlight in green.
As game development progresses, more furniture and placeable items will have special functions. This update brings new usable beds in the game. These beds will recharge your energy level during use, as well as halting other stats like hunger and thirst from declining. They’re excellent options to boost your energy, or go AFK a bit without disconnecting or dying from hunger.
Tons of other fixes have made it into v0.95. You’ll see changes from UI and animations, to weapon stats and particle effects. Also note to Map makers. If you find your map isn’t loading on the server, even without errors, it’s probably due to a misplaced object. Use the new ForceGizmo rendering option to find objects accidentally place far away since this will jam up the NavMesh generator on server startup.
Thanks again for your input on the Discord and Social Media. More updates soon as we march towards a 1.0 release.
Repair and Rearm Update Patch Notes
- Added usable beds to restore energy and stop other stat loss
- Usable MG and Grenade Launcher turrets at Military base
- Vehicles now show health and ammo status in HUD
- Vehicles with weapons now have limited ammunition
- Added RepairZone and RearmZone objects to World Builder
- Auto Shop on default map will repair vehicles
- Tank spawn in military base will rearm tanks
- Don’t allow restrained players to drive vehicles
- New ForceGizmo option in World Builder to find misplaced objects
- Optimized rendering in World Builder
- General World Builder cleanup and optimizations
- Focusing on icon-only objects now frames objects correctly
- Separated Car Lift prop from the Auto Shop
- Fixed Shed props to be correct scale
- Added new road tunnel object
- Updated to latest Networking, SteamWorks, and VOIP libraries
- Don’t show reload animation if no spare ammo
- Actually fixed sprint animation stuck sometimes in vehicles
- Fixed animations that cannot be interrupted
- Fixed frozen Phone animation
- Fixed rifle grip and reload animations
- Changed pistol grip sprint animations
- Server verification of player inputs
- Better server-client synced ammo counts
- Tweaked and optimized player physics to work with mobile
- Removed unused assets to reduce game size
- translations.txt moved to StreamingAssets for mobile compatibility
- Some UI scaling adjustments
- Removed character limits in the Settings menu
- Fixed broken Look camera (Mouse 2) in World Builder
- Fixed syncing emergency sirens across network
- Update to latest Unity Engine patch
- Fixed blood splat often set active at world origin
- Updated Equip audio again
- Added Autosaving message to World Builder
- Support for interior-interior and exterior-exterior doors
- Editor Entraces and Exits are simplified and interchangable now
- Storm drains have a steam effect now
- Smoother auto-center force in vehicles
- Reduced PKM recoil
- Tweaks to head position and adjusted riot shield to match
- Fixed potential crash if AI cannot reach target
- Fixed AI disconnect messages with navigation problems
- Fixed SteamWorkshop Exception messages
- Stopped increased stats depletion when sprinting in vehicles
- Fixed missing action menu when looking at furniture objects
- Fixed rocket and shell trail coloring