11 May – 1.37 Hotfix #3
- Broke Protocol on Google Play
- Direct APK link (Google Drive)
- Uninstall any old versions before installing if you’re having issues
- Download Linux Server (x64) (or on Windows, just need the game itself)
- Get a Windows or Linux 64-bit machine/VPS with at least 2GB of RAM, good bandwidth, and decent CPU. No Linux desktop is required since the Server can run from the terminal.
- Open UDP Ports 5557 and 5558 – Remember to Port Forward on the router and allow firewall access on the server. If behind a router, you must Google “Port Forward [Your Router Model]” since each brand is different in how to configure settings.
- Allow ICMP Pings / Echo Requests on your router and firewall, else your server ping won’t display correctly. You will again need to search how this is done for your firewall/router setup.
- Edit announcements.txt, server_info.txt, settings.json, and groups.json with any text editor to configure server name, player count, map, permissions, etc.
- Run Server.bat or ./start.sh on Linux (need to ‘sudo apt-get install screen’ first) and let the server finish loading. Note that first time running a map will take a while (5-10 minutes) to generate a NavMesh, but after that first load, it should load quicker using a cache.
- Your server should be visible on the masterserver with a ‘+’ if set up correctly. If you are trying to join on the same machine the server is running on, use the ‘Direct Connect’ button in-game via IP ‘127.0.0.1’.
- A Pterodactyl Panel egg that might make hosting/configuration easier: james121op/bpegg (github.com)